Acquiring insight and knowledge of:
- Various regulatory packages relevant for energy markets and energy trading
- The implications of these directives and regulations
- Financial regulation
- Regulation for the physical energy markets
- The impact on liquidity, capital and the business
- Regulatory bodies and their roles
- Module: Financial Regulation - Introduction
- Market risk, operational risk, counterparty risk & liquidity risk
- Various legislation & the relationships between packages
- The variety of regulators and their roles - ESMA, ACER & NRAs
- Module: Market Abuse Directive (MAD)
- About directive 2003/6/EC - Market abuse
- Prohibition of insider trading & market manipulation
- Confidence and trust in markets and prices
- Module: Regulation on Energy Market Integrity & Transparency (REMIT)
- About regulation 1227/2011 - Energy wholesale markets
- Energy-market specific regulation - For power & gas
- Reporting (+ publication) of fundamental data + transaction data
- Module: European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR)
- About regulation 648/2012 - Clearing & reporting obligations
- Clearing of OTC derivatives, thresholds & margin requirements
- Central counterparties - Their roles (tasks & responsibilities)
- Trade repositories - Their roles (tasks & responsibilities)
- Module: Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID)
- About directive 2004/39/EC - Financial instruments
- Competition between trading venues & integration of markets
- Commodity derivatives, settlement type and position limits
- Module: Other legislation – Short selling, capital req., money laundering
- Short selling - What does it concern and why regulation of it?
- Capital requirements - CRD, BASEL and other legislation
- Money laundering - Why does this concern energy trading?
This is the exam for the Financial Regulation programme. After passing the exam, you will be able to receive your certificate here as well.
|Price online||€199.00 excl. VAT|
|Price in-class||€690.00 excl. VAT|
26 Jan 2018
27 Oct 2018
|Duration in-class||1 day|
6 video modules (a combined total of ~150 minutes of video content).
A reader providing significant background and depth.
Tests & Final Exam
Several test questions per module and a final exam covering the whole course.
When the final exam has been passed you will receive the digital certificate and can be registered with the Charter.