Entrima offers online education. Our eLearning offering covers various educational programmes, each being split into multiple building blocks. The educational programme “Fundamentals of Commodity Markets” is offered in a wide range of modules. Each module represents a specific subjects and/or themes.
- Module: Asset classes – Types of markets
- About fixed-income, equity, real estate, FX and commodities
- Risk-reward ratios
- Module: Commodities & commodity markets
- About metals, softs & energy, but also freight, carbon & fibres
- Relations & correlations
- Module: Production, storage & transport – Up-, mid- & downstream
- Analysis of availability and utilization
- Module: Market participants & their role
- Commodity trading firms & investors
- Risk diversification & correlation
- Roll yield
- Module: Spot & forward markets – Physical & financial products
- Price volatility
- Power & Gas - Balancing
- Module: Commodity derivatives – Contract specifications & settlement
- Physical delivery vs. cash settlement
- ADP, TAS
- Power & gas: Delivery period vs moment
- Module: Pricing of commodities – Price driving factors
- Fundamental & non-fundamental price driving factors
- Pestle & steepled analysis, incl. seasonality & mean-reversion
- Module: Commodity markets vs. Financial markets - Differences
- Differences between the characteristics of both markets
- A comparison is made concerning markets, products & pricing
- Module: The role of speculators
- The impact of speculators on price levels
- Politicians, policy makers & regulation
|Price in-class||€990.00 excl. VAT|
31 Jan 2018
1 Sep 2018
|Duration in-class||1 day|
9 video modules (a combined total of ~130 minutes of video content).
A reader providing significant background and depth.
Tests & Final Exam
Several test questions per module and a final exam covering the whole course.
When the final exam has been passed you will receive the digital certificate and can be registered with the Charter.