The learning objectives for this programme are:
- Mastering the background of why MiFID was implemented;
- Understanding why it was updated and MiFID2 plus MiFIR were developed;
- Mastering the directives and regulation, and what it aims for;
- Understanding what is practically required by trading organisation in the sense of processes, operations and IT;
- Being able to indicate the implications for energy companies
- Module: Introduction to MiFID
- About the scope and background of directive 2004/39/EC.
- Module: Background & Scope
- About investment firms, financial instruments, trading venues, market abuse, KYC, transaction reporting, pre- & post-trade transparency, European integration and exemption regimes.
- Module: Definitions – Financial instruments
- Definition(s) of financial instruments, investment firm&activities.
- The position of commodity derivatives - Physical forwards.
- Module: MiFID2 & MiFIR
- Impact of market integration, financial instability & transparency.
- Widening of scope, adjusted definitions & intro of new concepts.
- Including OTFs, financial instruments, investment & ancillary services, C6 energy derivatives, NFC+ & NFC- and position limits.
- Module: Implications for energy (trading) firms
- Transparency, reporting, organisational requirements, new trading venues and mandatory use of regulated markets.
- Potential consequences for liquidity and other challenges.
- Module: MiFID timeline
- Overview of steps in the process of MiFID, MiFID 2 and MiFIR.
- When did what take place? And what is next?
- Module: ESMA – Technical standards
- About monitoring, publications & reports, plus technical advise.
- Concerning the regulatory technical & implementing standards.
- Module: Position limits
- About position limits and explaning the implications of it.
- Module: Capital requirements – CRD IV
- About the Basel accords, Basel 3 and Solvency 2.
- Covering the capital requirements directive, version 4 (CRD4).
This is the exam for MiFID (Basic level) After passing the exam, you will be able to receive your certificate here as well.
|Price online||€299.00 excl. VAT|
|Price in-class||€990.00 excl. VAT|
23 Mar 2018
29 Sep 2018
|Duration in-class||1 day|
9 video modules (a combined total of ~140 minutes of video content).
A reader providing significant background and depth.
Tests & Final Exam
Several test questions per module and a final exam covering the whole course.
When the final exam has been passed you will receive the digital certificate and can be registered with the Charter.